Field Research in the Republic of Korea - PhD candidates - 2021 Korean Foundation (KF) Fellowship
Korean Foundation is accepting applications for the 2021 KF Fellowship program for field research on Korea related research. Annually, the Korea Foundation offers a fellowship program for Korea related field research to contribute to the advancement of foreign research in the country.
Aimed at promoting overseas research in Korean studies, the Korea Foundation renders program support for the Fellowship for Field Research to provide prominent overseas Korean studies scholars and experts in relevant fields with the opportunity to undertake onsite field research in Korea and enjoy relevant resource materials.
The field research should take place between January 1 and December 31, 2021. Research duration is 1 month (minimum) to 12 months (maximum) and should start no later than November 2021. This is a paid fellowship; up to 30 awards are available per year.Additional Details:Skills/Eligibility:
- Open to applicants worldwide.
- D. candidates who have done their required coursework and are in the process of writing their doctoral dissertation, postdoc researchers, and faculty are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be able to carry out their research in Korean or English.
- Foreign researchers who are undertaking comparative or case studies in the field of Korean studies or in Korea-related areas in the fields of humanities or social sciences can apply.
- Applicants who are focusing on research topics that are closely linked to Korea and known as important new fields of study are eligible to apply.