Seattle ERIC Research Volunteer Opportunity - Undergraduates, Graduates and PhDs - Veteran Affairs Seattle Epidemiologic Information and Research Center
Seattle ERIC Research Volunteer Opportunity
Are you interested in helping to improve the healthcare of our United States Veterans through a meaningful experience in a collaborative environment? The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Cooperative Studies Program (CSP) is a nationally renowned program that produces innovative solutions to Veteran and national healthcare problems through multi-site research studies.
The VA CSP Seattle Epidemiologic Research and Information Center (ERIC) has volunteer opportunities available! Opportunities are in-person, based out of the VA Puget Sound campus in Seattle, WA.
Key responsibilities for volunteers include:
- Assist with maintaining and updating study databases (mostly operating in MS Access)
- Audit study materials and databases for quality assurance/quality control
- Engage with study participants, specifically Veterans, over the phone (scripts and training are provided)
- Print and assemble recruitment materials to be mailed to subjects
Hours per week (approx.): 4-6
Ideal candidates for volunteers will have the following attributes:
- Academic courses concentrated in public health or other related fields
- Willingness to commit a minimum of 6 hours/week during normal working hours for three academic quarters (9 months); during the pandemic, as few as 4 hours may be acceptable
- Willing and comfortable speaking on the phone with Veterans (training provided)
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Experience with MS SharePoint and Access desirable
- Experience with Research Electronic Data Capture (REDCap) or other data entry applications desirable
Ideal candidates should also enjoy working on multiple projects simultaneously. This requires one to be flexible and adaptable as tasks and projects can be varied and may change periodically.
The Seattle ERIC is a research center within the VA Puget Sound Health Care System that works to improve the healthcare of Veterans through epidemiologic research. We are part of the VA CSP, a national VA research group of 12 epidemiology and clinical trial research centers.
Learn more at:
- Seattle ERIC website: https://www.seattle.eric.research.va.gov/
- VA CSP website: https://www.vacsp.research.va.gov/
How to Apply:
Volunteers must be U.S. citizens. Please send a cover letter and resume to SeattleCSPEC@va.gov. Applications received without a cover letter will not be considered. Academic credit or other forms of compensation are not available with this opportunity.