Groundswell Communications Internship - Undergraduates or Graduates - Groundswell Center for Local Food & Farming
Groundswell Center is currently seeking a dynamic and passionate Intern to join our team this spring semester (Feb - May 2021). Option to extend into summer is available.
This position supports communications and digital marketing needs of Groundswell to assist with
promotion of workshops, training programs, equity and justice content, and storytelling.
Interns utilize social media, website, blog, email newsletter, design software, and other channels of
marketing to raise awareness about sustainability, farming, food system injustices, racial equity, and advocacy. This position reports directly to the Development and Communications Manager and works collaboratively with the entire Groundswell team.
This opportunity is designed to introduce students to grassroots non-profit organizations working towards systems change. This is a great way for students to get more deeply involved in food movements in New York State and nationally.
Note: This internship is a 5-10hr/week position and is unpaid. We are happy to cooperate in arranging this for credit via Universities or College Departments. In the past, we have worked with Cornell University and Ithaca College, though we encourage remote candidates from Universities across the US to apply.Additional Details:Skills/Eligibility:
• Knowledgeable and passionate about sustainability, food justice, and agriculture
• Excellent skills with various social media and other platforms such as: Instagram, Facebook,
Mailchimp, or similar interfaces
• Ability to work independently on projects and meet deadlines
• Excellent writing skills and strong verbal communications skills
• Experience with website design, writing articles, or authoring blogs is a plus
• Familiarity with design programs a plus (canva, indesign, photoshop) but not required
• Comfortable learning new technologies and programs
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Natalie Hughes at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Groundswell Internship” in the subject line.