Public Health Intern, Vietnamese National - Undergraduates or Graduates - PATH
P. vivax malaria projects:
- Support to enter, manage, and analyze data
- Support to conduct literature review (searching documents, review, and summarize information into a literature review summary template) for some activities under vivax projects.
Global Health Security project:
- Work with the Global Health Security (GHS) surveillance team to support the EBS evaluation.
- Assist in following up with provinces to validate data/collect additional data if necessary
- Assist in data analysis of the field trip as instructed by the senior program officer (e.g. quantitative data analysis - descriptive statistics)
- Assist in writing reports of EBS evaluation (e.g. develop tables and graphs, format the report)
- Work with the Global Health Security (GHS) surveillance team to develop automated epi bulletins
- Support preparation materials for meetings, workshops, trainings such as agenda, presentations
- As requested, actively contribute to the team’s day-to-day activities, including in some cases logistical support to trainings & events
- Other tasks as required by Supervisor.
Brief description of required skills/experience the intern should possess:
- Vietnamese national.
- Recently graduated from a university or senior students. Students with majors on statistics, demographics, public policy, public health, or any related fields is preferred.
- Have good analytical skills
- Keen interest in data management, data analysis, conducting research
- Keen interest in contributing to sustainable development goals
- Strong verbal and written English
- Able to pay close attention to details
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and thrive in fast-paced, high-pressure situations.
Skills to be developed and/or expanded during internship:
- The ability to communicate technical information to audiences
- Skills to conduct research and M&E activities
- Analytical skills