Internship – Environmental Health and Drinking Water Quality Intern, Bilingual in English and Spanish - Undergraduates or Graduates - Environmental Working Group
REMOTE: Overview of the Internship: EWG is well known for its innovative research studies in environmental health and drinking water quality. The Intern will work alongside EWG’s staff to analyze environmental health and drinking water data and to prepare articles in English and Spanish about drinking water in communities across the United States. Previous Interns with the EWG’s Science Investigations team have worked on fluorinated chemicals, contaminants in tap water such as nitrate, and cumulative risk assessment. Internship position is for September-December 2021, for sixteen (16) to twenty (20 hours) per week.
- The intern will carry out analysis of drinking water quality data compiled in EWG’s Tap Water Database.
- The intern will draft short articles and educational materials for general audience in English and in Spanish about drinking water and other environmental health topics
- The intern will support the EWG research program by reviewing and summarizing latest research in environmental health and contributing to the preparation of research reports.
Skills Student Will Gain During Internship:
- Writing experience
- Research experience in the nonprofit environmental and public health field.
- Knowledge of how science intersects with advocacy and public education.
Name of Project Advisor: Tasha Stoiber, Ph.D., senior scientist; Uloma Uche, Ph.D., environmental health science fellow
Job Function: research, data analysis, article writing in English and in Spanish
Location: Internship is remote
Internship: Paid PositionHow to Apply:
Job Application Method: Email CV, Cover Letter, and samples of writing in English and in Spanish to Brett Dorow, EWG Human Resources Manager at email@example.com. Intern must be authorized to work in the United States.