Health Educator I - Sea Mar Community Health Centers
Health Educator I - Posting #22860
Seeking a Full-Time Health Educator for our Lakewood Medical Clinic. The Health Educator will also have the opportunity to travel to our Spanaway and Tillicum Clinics, both in Pierce County.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual passionate about working with the community to improve health and wellness. It would be helpful if the candidate speaks either Spanish/English or Korean in English due to the population that we serve. Speaking either language is preferred not required.
- The successful candidate will be able to creatively engage patients in preventive health education and health promotion activities to improve patient health outcomes and will have a working understanding of the social determinants of health, working from a health equity framework.
- The Health Educator provides health education interventions, primarily one-on-one interactions in a clinic settings, group classes along with community-based education and outreach.
- The Health Educator initiates and maintains professional contact with community groups and organizations in order to increase accessibility and availability of resources for patients and to establish partnerships to strengthen health education programming.
- The desired candidate will be effective at leading groups, providing client-centered educational interventions 1-on-1, engaging patients in services, and establishing relationships with patients, employees across departments, and local partners.
- BA or MA from accredited college or university in health education, public health, or other related fields with experience.
- Training/ Experience in patient health counseling, educating small and large groups, engaging difficult-to-engage populations.
- Ability and experience in development of curriculum and educational materials.
- Must be bilingual in Spanish/English
- Travel is part of this job duty so candidate is expected to have access to an insured reliable transportation.