Health Sciences Research Coordinator, EPIC3 Study - Seattle Epidemiologic Research and Information Center (ERIC)
Health Sciences Research Coordinator, EPIC3 Study
Join this team and you’ll contribute to a high impact, national research study that aims to provide critical insights on how we understand SARS-CoV-2 infections and the COVID-19 disease, how it impacts Veterans specifically, and how to better anticipate and manage future pandemics.
The study, CSP #2028: Epidemiology, Immunology, and Clinical Characteristics of COVID-19 (EPIC3) within the Veterans Health Administration, gathers longitudinal data on the epidemiology, virology, immunology, and clinical characteristics of SARS-CoV-2 infections and the COVID-19 disease. CSP #2028, coordinated by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Cooperative Studies Program (CSP) Seattle Epidemiologic Research and Information Center (ERIC), aims to answer key research questions about the natural history and clinical outcomes of COVID-19.
The Seattle ERIC is hiring a full-time Research Coordinator. Our team at the Seattle ERIC coordinating center provides overall operational support and coordination to the 15 study sites nationwide. Position is based in Seattle, WA.
The Research Coordinator will provide operational support under the direction of the Study Program Manager.
- Design and develop standard operating procedures, databases, and study materials; maintain and troubleshoot tracking infrastructures
- Manage and maintain the Study Operations Manual
- Serve as liaison between investigators, site personnel, consultants, and contractors
- Virtually train study site personnel on operational procedures and protocols including participant tracking measures
- Assist in remote activities for the virtual cohort including recruitment, enrollment, and follow-up as needed
- Oversee data management and quality assurance/quality control procedures
- Ensure compliance with study protocol, including informed consent, safety, and data security requirements
- Ensure regulatory requirements are met, including completing R&D and IRB documentation and preparing for audits
- Work closely with the EPIC3 coordinating team and study sites to ensure effective collaboration and maintain accurate data capture
- Monitor subject recruitment and data collection activities at sites and take corrective action when required
- Track study progress at sites, identify deficiencies, and recommend solutions
- Prepare reports, presentations, and data summaries
- Coordinate and facilitate local and national meetings and trainings
- Provide training and guidance to Research Assistants
- BA/BS or higher degree in a scientific- or health-related field required
- 1-4 years of work experience in clinical, epidemiological, or health services research required
- If BA/BS, 2-4 years of research-related experience required
- If higher degree, 1-2 years of research-related experience preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate with a diverse group of researchers and staff
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Solid problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and timelines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required
- Experience with Microsoft Access, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Teams, and REDCap preferred
About the Seattle ERIC and VA CSP:
The Seattle ERIC is a research center within the VA Puget Sound Health Care System that works to improve the health and healthcare of Veterans through epidemiologic research. We are part of the VA CSP, a national VA research group of 12 epidemiology and clinical trial research centers.
Learn more at:
- Seattle ERIC website: https://www.seattle.eric.research.va.gov/
- VA CSP website: https://www.vacsp.research.va.gov/
Candidates must be U.S. citizens. Education and experience will be evaluated by Human Resources to determine if the top candidate meets the criteria for the targeted GS-09. The General Schedule (GS) salary table for Seattle can be found on the Office of Personnel Management website at opm.gov.
Please send a cover letter and resume to SeattleCSPEC@va.gov. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; and will be reviewed in the order they are received. Applications received without a cover letter will not be considered.
Diversity enriches research and promotes the best healthcare. We are committed to building and sustaining an equitable and inclusive environment for our Center. We encourage individuals whose backgrounds or interests align with this commitment, as well as individuals from all backgrounds that are underrepresented in research, to apply.