Community Researcher - Friends of Little Sai Gon
FLS seeks a graduate level community researcher to help coordinate and facilitate a community based participatory research project to explore issues of displacement and housing in Little Saigon. Findings from this research will inform the CID Anti-Displacement Action Plan, which will be developed by InterIm CDASkills/Eligibility:
● Graduate student with demonstrated experience with community-based participatory
● Experienced in qualitative and quantitative data analysis.
● Background or academic studies related to housing, community and economic
development, social work, public policy, urban and regional planning, real estate, or other
● Flexible schedule to work weekends and events or other times appropriate for engaging
with community members.
● Strong interpersonal communication skills and willingness to engage with community
members across all socioeconomic backgrounds.
● Ability to convey complex or technical information to diverse audiences through written,
visual, or oral communications.
● Independent worker that is highly organized with reliable project management skills.
● Has a connection to the Little Saigon community and the broader International District.
● Is bilingual in English and Vietnamese and can speak conversationally in both