Assistant Chief of Data & Informatics Strategy (Regional Health Administrator) - Public Health-Seattle & King County (PHSKC)
Full job description and application can be found here: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/kingcounty/jobs/3554837/regional-health-administrator-assistant-chief-of-data-and-informatics-strategy
Public Health—Seattle & King County (PHSKC) is seeking a forward-thinking leader to serve as Assistant Chief of Data & Informatics Strategy. The ideal candidate builds bridges across teams, communicates technically complex information to a variety of internal and external partners, and serves as an equity champion in the context of data governance and data systems.
The Assistant Chief will report to the Chief of Assessment, Policy Development, and Evaluation and be matrixed to the Office of the Director. The position will oversee PHSKC’s information systems strategy and work closely with data leads across the Department on data modernization planning. This will include assessing the Department’s existing information systems and developing strategic approaches to maintain and strengthen data capabilities effectively and efficiently. The Assistant Chief will also make recommendations about the structure that would best serve to facilitate coordination within and across the Department’s Divisions and Sections.
- Provide strategic guidance and coordination for the Department on data pipelines and data governance.
- Partner with leadership and data/informatics leads of PHSKC divisions to streamline and align data modernization processes and investments across the Department.
- Work with data stewards throughout the Department to identify opportunities for data system modernization to address business needs and enhanced solutions to support analytics (e.g., cloud-based analytical workspaces). This includes alignment with data modernization efforts at the state level.
- Work with the PHSKC Compliance Office to implement data access, use, and sharing with strong data governance and a robust privacy program.
- Work with King County IT (KCIT) and other departments on enterprise-wide data policies and data investments.
- Represent the Department in enterprise-level data governance and technology strategy committees and workgroups.
- Champion and implement equitable data practices and policies to advance equity in King County’s public health information systems and its uses, including improvements to data systems to better serve and represent King County’s diverse communities.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills
- Strong understanding and demonstrated application of data equity principles in data policies, practices, or systems development.
- Strong understanding of use of data to inform clinical, program, and population health services provided by health departments.
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in data procurement, linkage, management, analysis, and quality assurance of public health, health care, and social/human service data sets for assessment and evaluation.
- 5+ years of increasingly senior experience leading data procurement, data governance, and data management within a governmental (preferably public health) environment subject to HIPAA and other data privacy regulations.
- Understanding of options for data architecture, ETL, and cloud-based storage (e.g., Azure and AWS).
- Demonstrated ability to lead system and culture change within an organization.
- Effective analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Skill in conveying technical information to non-technical leaders and decision-makers, including helping them to see the relevance of a technical issue or solution to the business.