School of Public Health Teaching Assistant - Technical & Instructional Design (Office of the Dean)
Supervising Faculty: Interim Associate Dean for Education (Elizabeth Kirk)
Hours: 50% FTE ASE appointment
Start Date: September 16, 2023
End Date: December 15, 2023
Application Deadline: June 9
Position Summary: The School of Public Health has a TA opportunity available to support faculty with technical assistance and instructional design as needed during autumn quarter 2023. Potential for position to be extended through winter and spring quarters. Student should be enrolled in an SPH graduate program.
Specific Job Functions:
- Meet with instructors/TAs to troubleshoot operating classroom equipment and software (for example, wireless microphone, digital camera, Panopto, AV bridge)
- Assist instructors with recording/storing/sharing lectures and Zoom/Panopto general usage
- Support enhancing classroom learning (e.g. use of Poll Everywhere, making Panopto accessible, creating breakout rooms, etc.)
- Help instructors with optimizing Canvas pages and Canvas management
- Provide training opportunities for TAs and students on tech aspects of online learning platforms
- Engage with SPH TAs in regularly scheduled sharing and learning events
- Help with scheduled teaching support sessions for instructors
- Assist with content development and host accessible technology workshop for instructors and TAs
- Work with the SPH Curriculum and Education Operations Specialist on quarterly syllabus harvests and audits
- Other support as needed for SPH education/curricular activities
Hours per week (approx.): 20
Required Qualifications: Minimum standing of current graduate student in the School of Public Health. Must be enrolled full-time/10 credits during autumn.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience with Canvas, Zoom, and Panopto; technical savviness and troubleshooting experience; prior teaching assistant or course development experience; excellent interpersonal skills.How to Apply:
Application Procedure: To apply, please send a cover letter with your interest in the position and your resume or CV to Katrina Greeley (firstname.lastname@example.org), Curriculum and Education Specialist.