The Student Public Health Association (SPHA) is soliciting nominations for the School's annual awards for Outstanding Mentor, Outstanding Teacher, Outstanding TA, and Student Community Service. Use the Catalyst tools listed below to nominate your favorites by MAY 13, 2008.
Outstanding Mentor Award: The purpose is to acknowledge mentors who show dedication to guiding students past academic hurdles and milestones, help students identify and pursue research and professional goals, and who above all provide a positive working environment for all students.
Outstanding Teacher Award: The purpose is to recognize excellence in course-related teaching (formal classroom, field or practice-based courses).
Outstanding Teaching Assistant Award: The purpose of this award is to recognize a teaching assistant who had a substantial, positive impact on the quality of the course.
Student Community Service Award: Each year the SPHA honors a student who is involved in community service (within UW, locally, nationally, or internationally), and who, through her or his involvement, motivates and encourages others.
This year nominations are being accepted through Web submission*. Use the link under each category for nomination forms and selection criteria. Nominations are due by Tuesday, May 13th, and must include:
1) the name of the nominee
2) the award category
3) a statement (2-4 paragraphs) in support of the nominee.
SPHA board members will review the nominations and select awardees. The awards will be presented at the SPHCM's Graduation Celebration and Awards Ceremony on June 13th in Hogness Auditorium.
Awards will only be presented if we receive sufficient response, so make your nominations today!
If you have any questions, please email the Student Public Health Association ( firstname.lastname@example.org).
* A couple of technical issues related to the web submission:
1) you may save a nomination and return to it later (use the "save for later" button)
2) when you have completed the form, click "next" to review and submit your responses
3) if you would like to nominate more than one person, simply fill out and submit a separate nomination for each individual
4) If you receive the following error "There was a problem with this survey. You cannot work on a survey in two browser windows simultaneously," wait 30 seconds and try the link again. It sometimes takes catalyst a little while to process that you have completed and closed a previous survey.