Welcome new and returning students, here is the latest information about SPH Orientation 2019 and activities for both graduate and undergraduate students!
Overview of the SPH; details of academic expectations; general expectations; staff / faculty introductions
- Friday, September 20, 9am – 12pm
- Location: Kane Hall 210
- SPH Orientation Brochure (pdf)
Each year, the Health Sciences Service Learning & Advocacy Committee selects a book that allows students from across the UW health sciences schools to explore topics of common importance. This year’s Common Book – “So you want to talk about race” is a New York Times bestseller by Seattle author Ijeoma Oluo. Here are some of the topics Oluo tackles:
- How can I talk about affirmative action?
- What are microagressions?
- Why am I always being told to “check my privilege”?
- Why are our students so angry?
- What is the model minority myth?
- I’ve just been called racist, what do I do now?
Read the book and come to the SPH orientation to learn more!