Public Health-Global Health - Transcripts FAQs

Who needs to upload and submit transcripts?
Students who have completed coursework at any other college or university besides the University of Washington whose credit is not already showing on their UW transcript. For example, if a student is currently enrolled at another institution but has not yet transferred the credit to the UW, they should upload the transcript from that institution. Note: You do not need to submit copies of your University of Washington courses transcripts.

Are unofficial copies acceptable for the application?
Yes, unofficial, electronic copies are acceptable. You may submit the following file types: PDF, Word (.doc or .docx), or JPEG (.jpg).

I sent my transcripts to UW Admissions.  Didn’t you get them?  
The Public Health-Global Health Major does not have access to materials that were submitted as part of a UW application, which is why we ask students to submit unofficial copies. 

What if I didn’t do so well at my other institution(s) and don’t want those grades used?
As part of the UW’s academic honesty policy, all transcripts must be submitted. Failure to do so may result in expulsion from the university.

What if my transcripts are several years old?
Same as above. We want the full academic picture, even if your previous college career took place a while ago.

Where can I find my transcripts?
If you do not know how to obtain copies of your transcript, contact your previous institution(s). Generally, the registrar’s office can help with accessing your records, but be prepared to provide identifying information!

I went to a community college in Washington state. How do I know which classes transfer?
The UW Admissions Course Equivalency Guide can assist you in understanding how your community college class translates into UW coursework. Often, your community college advisers can also help interpret equivalencies if you have further questions.

My last college or university was on semesters. How does that count towards the 60-credit requirement?
College-level semester coursework will be evaluated at 1 semester credit hour = 1.5 quarter credit hours.

For questions about the Public Health-Global Health Major application, please contact