University of Washington School of Public Health
Data Manager - DF/Net Research
Closing Date: December 13, 2017
Posted: November 13, 2017
DF/Net Research, Inc. is a contract research organization providing data management, statistical support, programming, and medical coding to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, academic and non-profit institutions worldwide. In collaboration with our Canadian office, DF/Net Software, the company uses, sells, supports and develops the DataFax data management system. DF/Net manages the data for several of the world’s top research organizations making a difference in global public health today. Our areas of work include HIV, leishmaniasis, hookworm, TB, malaria, Ebola, oncology, vision, and other areas of health care.
Summary: Applies knowledge of health care and project management skills to data management responsibilities from study development through study closure, including data collection, tracking and cleaning, study documentation development, and study closeout activities. Participate in department and company infrastructure development. Provide training and mentoring to junior level data management staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs as a liaison and primary contact for the study sponsor and collaborators.
- Translates protocol requirements into data collection instruments.
- Maintains and monitors Data Management study timelines.
- Coordinates with Data Analytics.
- Coordinates study team; trains and mentors junior staff.
- Develops and provides written and oral presentations as needed.
- Develops Case Report Forms (eCRFs/CRFs).
- Defines and tests databases.
- Develops edit checks.
- Develops study specific Data Management Plans, maintains study documents.
- Performs and documents study closeout activities.
- Manages data quality control activities.
- Validates data, reviews data queries, and generates QC reports.
- Performs additional study and projects, as needed.
- Experience with clinical trial research and/or database management
- Proficient computer skills
- Knowledge of clinical trial activities and Good Clinical Data Management Practices
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Management skills
- Ability to establish and maintain productive work relationships
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work independently, with some supervision
- Flexibility to work in changing research environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and standards
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- At least one year of experience with DataFax and/or clinical trial data and/or research studies
- Experience with Electronic Data Capture (EDC)
- Experience with international clinical trials
- Knowledge of FrameMaker
- Familiarity with CDISC standards
- Willingness to travel, including international travel, based on projects assigned
- Sitting for prolonged periods of time
- Repetitious computer usage
- Regular office environment
Qualified candidates please send Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com