University of Washington School of Public Health
Analytic Consulting Summer Internship - Kaiser Permanente Northern California
Closing Date: March 16, 2018
Posted: February 7, 2018
At Kaiser Permanente, our integrated, not-for-profit model of health care provides comprehensive, coordinated care across the lifespan. Join our analytic consulting team and learn from seasoned health care analysts, programmers and consultants. We provide diagnostic analysis, performance reporting and data tools in support of performance improvement efforts for The Permanente Medical Group, the largest medical group in the U.S. with over 7,000 physicians. The work of our analytic consultants ensures that we provide timely care and an exceptional care experience, while improving the health and lives of over 3 million Kaiser Permanente members.
Our program provides an opportunity to accelerate analytic skill development and provide a launching point for recent graduates, graduate students and 3rd or 4th year undergraduate students who have the aptitude for data analytics and who aspire to become successful health care analytic consultants.
- Are recent graduates or students near completion of a Bachelor or Master’s program in areas such as public health, epidemiology, analytics, computer science, social sciences, biostatistics, mathematics, engineering, and economics
- Have had exposure to — and have great interest in learning — SAS and SQL but may not have had an opportunity to learn or develop programming skills
- Demonstrate an aptitude and penchant for detailed technical and programming work, structured thinking and analytic thought processes
- Have excellent communication and critical thinking skills, work well on teams and have an ability to problem solve collaboratively
- Are highly motivated, self-starters and apply self-improvement techniques in day to day life
A LEARNING ENVIRONMENT
We understand that developing programming and analytic consulting expertise requires immersion in technical and real analytic project work, high quality training and coaching, and time to experiment with programming code. We offer an open and collaborative work environment that allows individuals to develop in areas critical to analytic consulting, including:
- Proficiency in SAS and SQL
- Knowledge of Kaiser Permanente’s electronic medical record and information systems
- Data extraction and management techniques
- Data analysis and measurement design
- Data visualization, graphics, and performance reports and dashboards
Internships are on-site, full-time paid positions lasting at least 10 weeks. After completion of the summer internship, a permanent position may be offered. Only candidates who have the legal right to work in the United States without employer sponsorship are currently being considered for intern positions.
To apply, please send your resume to QOS-Analytic-Recruiting@kp.org with the subject header “Analytic Consulting Internship”. Applications are accepted through March 16, 2018.
Quality and Operations Support (QOS) is located in Oakland, California in the Kaiser Permanente Northern California Regional Offices. QOS is the internal consulting department for The Permanente Medical Group, providing business and analytic consulting services to physician leaders in the Regional Offices, 21 hospitals and 46 medical office buildings